What we drink is just as important as what we eat. These days, unhealthy beverages loaded down with sugar like sodas and energy drinks dominate store shelves. There are so many different healthy beverages that we could make at home which would improve our health such as:
1. Orange Juice : Orange juice is often overlooked in favour of pomegranate, blueberry and cranberry preparations, but its health benefits cannot be denied. A 150ml glass of juice alone is more than likely to provide 100% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C. Vitamin C is vital for a robust immune system, but also by having some vitamin C with any iron-containing meal it enhances the body's absorption of the iron, which is yet another nutrient vital for the maintenance of immune strength. If you experience arthritis-related pain, orange juice may really help relieve it.
2. Tomato Juice: Tomato juice is obviously one of the most popular juices throughout the world. Raw tomato juice is a good source of lycopene, which is known for its cancer preventing properties. In addition, it stimulates blood circulation and helps lower blood pressure.
3. Carrot Juice: Juice made from ripe, freshly harvested carrots is sweet and thirst-quenching. Bright orange in colour, it's packed full of beta-carotene, an antioxidant phytochemical which protects against the harmful effects of free radicals and enhances the antioxidant effects of vitamin E.
4. Green Tea & Chamomile Tea: Green tea has many health benefits, it may increases metabolic rate, possible anti-diabetes effect, boosts immune system, lowers stress hormone levels and has antidepressant properties. Chamomile Tea is effective in fighting colds and viruses. Chamomile has been found to contain fairly strong antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory constituents. Therefore, it has been found to be effective in treating stomach and intestinal cramps. Chamomile tea is probably best known for its reputation as a calming agent. Using chamomile during pregnancy is not recommended, since it is considered to be an abortifacient (a substance that induces abortion). Chamomile is also not recommended if you are currently taking blood thinners, since chamomile contains a substance called coumarin (which is also a blood thinner).
5. Combine Ginger, Lemon and Honey for a Therapeutic Steamer: This warming drink combines antimicrobial ginger, vitamin C-packed lemon juice and soothing honey. Grate about one inch of fresh ginger into a large mug with the juice of one lemon and add honey to taste. Top up with boiling water.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Monday, October 25, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY AND ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHNS HOPKINSIS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY ...
Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc., and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.
WHAT CANCER CELLS FEED ON:
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder - By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in colour. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk, cancer cells are being starved.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment . A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans . Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells.
To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water--best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor.
Anger, unforgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
Years pass by and our kidneys are filtering the blood by removing salt, poison and any unwanted entering our body. With time, the salt accumulates and this needs to undergo cleaning treatments and how are we going to overcome this?
It is very easy, first take a bunch of parsley (MALLI Leaves) KOTHIMBIR (DHANIYA) and wash it clean
Then cut it in small pieces and put it in a pot and pour clean water and boil it for ten minutes and let it cool down and then filter it and pour in a clean bottle and keep it inside refrigerator to cool.
Drink one glass daily and you will notice all salt and other accumulated poison coming out of your kidney by urination also you will be able to notice the difference which you never felt before.
Parsley is known as best cleaning treatment for kidneys and it is natural!
Monday, October 11, 2010
Put about 100 bricks in some particular order in a closed room with an open window.
Then send 2 or 3 candidates in the room and close the door.
Leave them alone and come back. After 6 Hours and then analyze the situation.
If they are counting the Bricks, Put them in the accounts Department
If they are recounting them, put them in auditing
If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks, Put them in engineering
If they are arranging the bricks in some strange order, Put them in planning
If they are throwing the bricks at each other, put them in operations
If they are sleeping, put them in security
If they have broken the bricks into pieces, put them in information technology
If they are sitting idle, put them in human resource
If they say they have tried different combination yet not a brick has been moved, put them in sales
If they have already left for the day, put them in marketing.
If they are starting out of the window, put them on strategic planning
And then last but not least. If they are talking to each other and not a single brick has been moved. Congratulate them and put them in management.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Dealing with Allergies!
Millions of people suffer from allergies. There are all types of allergies, everything from dust and pollen, to certain types of foods. The most common symptoms of an allergy is itching, runny nose, watery itchy eyes, sneezing, pressure, headaches, and nausea. The good news is there are many very effective allergies home remedies that you can use to eliminate, or at least diminish the effect of an allergy.
Here are some things that you can try:
1. Taking Vitamin E is believed to help increase your body’s ability to fight off allergens. Many people have gotten relief from their allergies by taking a daily dose of Vitamin E.
2. Many people claim that adding a few drops of castor oil to a half cup of juice can help ease your allergy. You can also add the castor oil to a glass of water if you prefer.
3. Use a bleach water solution in any areas of your home that tend to get damp. This can help eliminate the growth of mold which is a prime cause of allergies.
4. Keep your pets bathed and brushed. If you can’t do it yourself take them to a groomer.
5. Try to avoid any house cleaning chores that tend to stir up a lot of dust. If possible get someone else to vacuum, dust, or sweep.
6. If you can, try to replace your carpets with wood or tile flooring and just a few area rugs. Carpets are like magnets and they can really hold on to a lot of dust and dander.
7. Buy an air purifier and make sure to replace the filters frequently.
8. Keep your pets out of your sleeping area. This is the one area of your house that it’s particularly important to be an allergy free zone. You need to be fully rested and if you’re up sneezing all night long you can’t get the sleep you need.
9. Make sure to frequently wash all of your bedding in hot water. This is another place that dust mites and dander can really build up fast, and since this is also where you sleep it’s very important to keep it as free of dust as possible.
10. When cutting the grass you should consider wearing a mask to keep the dust from blowing into your face. This may also help whenever you are out working in the yard if you are prone to seasonal allergies.
Whether you are looking for something to relieve your allergy symptoms or eliminate your allergies altogether, these allergies home remedies can provide you with some much needed relief. Use one, or all, of the tips on this list and keep looking until you find the combination that works best for you.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Dengue Prevention Checklist!
Dengue fever is a flu kind of illness spread by mosquito bites. This is also widely known as 'Break bone fever' due to the severe joint pain caused during the attack. Dengue can be diagnosed by blood test. The infected person as such cannot spread the infection but can be a source to spread it.
Dengue is spread by the bite of an 'Ades' Mosquito. This mosquito bites the infected person and then bites someone else who is not affected thus transmitting the infection. These mosquitoes are active during the day time and spread the infection during day time. These mosquitoes live among human beings and breed in discarded tyres, flower pots, water stores etc.
To prevent the spread of dengue fever, you must first prevent the breeding the Aedes mosquito. It prefers to breed in clean, stagnant water easily found in our homes. You can get rid of the Aedes mosquito by frequently checking and removing stagnant water in your premises.
The guidelines below will give you an overview of how you can prevent the Aedes mosquito from breeding.
· Turn pails and watering cans over and store them under shelter
· Remove water in plant pot plates. Clean and scrub the plate thoroughly to remove mosquito eggs. Avoid the use of plant pot plates, if possible
· Loosen soil from potted plants to prevent the accumulation of stagnant water on the surface of the hardened soil
· Avoid placing potted plants and other paraphernalia over the scupper drains
· No tray or receptacles should be placed beneath and or/ on top of any air-conditioning unit so as not to create a condition favourable for mosquito breeding
· Change water in flower vases. Clean and scrub the inner sides of vases. Wash roots of flowers and plants thoroughly as mosquito eggs can stick to them easily
· Clear fallen leaves and stagnant water in your scupper drains and garden. These leaves could collect water or cause blockages to the drains, thus resulting in the buildup of stagnant water
· Clear any stagnant water in your air cooler unit